Postobon in the cloud
Postobón is a Colombian company with a wide range of sugar-sweetened beverages based in Medellín. It is one of the largest companies in Colombia and one of the leading companies in South America.
Since 2019, Postobón has chosen Ofi to manage its cloud services running on Amazon Web Services. We are currently working with the IT team to update content and optimise the company's web portal.
- Need:Postobón urgently required a web hosting platform that would allow it to securely and scalably host its main websites, which due to bandwidth restrictions at its hosting provider at the time were sometimes affected when transactional loads reached their maximum in the application.
- Solution:Cloud Computing based on AWS technology
- Results:A private and dedicated hosting scheme was modelled using Cloud Computing based on AWS technology for the storage, publishing and securing of content, which removed the functional restrictions that existed at the beginning and secured the information stored in a private environment that was only owned by Postobon and where it has the possibility to grow both in the functional layer of the current sites and in the addition of new sites without worrying about capacity or availability restrictions.
- Tools:EC2, Simple Storage Services, Api gateway and Cloudfront
- Tags:AWS, Cloud computing, Virtual machine, hosting